Skip to Content
Information of Healthcare Engineering Systems Service Providers


Healthcare engineering systems, namely electrical installations, specialized ventilation systems, and medical gas supplies, are essential facilities for safe delivery of medical services. Both hospital and day procedure centre may equip with the healthcare engineering systems to ensure a safe healthcare services therein.

The work process involved in engineering and construction for healthcare facilities, from planning to execution, often entails the engagement of service providers (e.g. competent consultant / contractor / relevant professional with healthcare engineering experience) to carry out design, installation and testing & commissioning for healthcare engineering systems and offer professional opinion in compliance with the provision of relevant ordinances, codes of practice, internationally acceptable standards and providing professional service as necessary. In general, apart from direct appointment of independent professional (e.g. Registered Professional Engineer (RPE)), this website integrated the following service providers in which the hospital and day procedure centre may consider to approach for professional advice at various stages for design / installation / testing / certification. (The relevant archives of the service providers are maintained by other government departments and other institutions)

When carrying out the installation of healthcare engineering systems, some building construction works (e.g. demolition, alteration and addition works) might also be involved. Registered General Building Contractor / Minor Works Contractor shall also be appointed by the hospital and day procedure centre to carry out these building construction works in order to satisfy the requirements under the Buildings Ordinance (Cap. 123) and relevant regulations / codes of practice. Professional advice on building construction can be sought from building professional via a referral by the appointed engineering consultant / contractor, where necessary. If verification of the registration status of a building professional in relevant discipline (e.g. Authorised Person prescribed by Buildings Department) is considered necessary, the Buildings Department's website for the Registered Professionals or Contractors Search can be referred.