Notification for Cancellation of Day Procedure Centre Licence at Licensee's Request
In What Circumstances the Licensee of a Day Procedure Centre (DPC) Shall Make a Request for Cancellation of Licence?
The licensee of a DPC shall request for cancellation of licence if the DPC is intended to –
- relocate to other premises
- cease providing any scheduled medical procedure
- change of licensee
- cease operation before the licence expires
For DPC holding a provisional licence
with similar intents listed above, the licensee shall write to the Department of Health (DH) to withdraw the application for DPC licence, instead of making a request for cancellation of licence.
How to Make a Request
- Read the Code of Practice for Day Procedure Centres, guidance notes for cancellation of DPC licence, and the notification form
- Prepare a closure plan
- Download and complete the notification form (PHF 27)
- Submit the hardcopy of the notification form and the closure plan to the Department of Health in person or by post
No fee is required for cancellation of licence